Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install Linux DC++ (the easy way)

Beans

Wink HOWTO: Install Linux DC++ (the easy way)

*** UPDATED ***

09/Aug/2005 - More CVS commits, as per usual see the project changelog for details. New package details in the instructions below.

24/Jul/2005 - Another recent commit (see the project changelog for details) and a new package which should also (hopefully) fix the dependancy issues for anyone not using Backports. I've updated the instructions below to reflect the new package.

01/Jul/2005 - There were a few commits to the dcpp repository in the last week (see the project changelog for details) so I've built and packaged it up for all. Also added menu file for those that wanted it (plz test k thx!). To install (or upgrade to) the latest package follow the steps below.

---

I've built and packaged the latest version (plus some patches - currently only the user-commands patch by s4kk3 as mentioned here) of Linux DC++ for anyone who is interested. Development on this particular project is a bit unorganised and rather intermittent but I'll do my best to maintain the latest version. Note that this is considered unstable software. There are bugs'o'plenty and although it works quite satisfactorily for me, it may not for you. Please submit useful bug reports to the project's bugtracker.

There may be some additional dependancies which I didn't note as this is the first time I've tried to decipher dependancies from a built binary. Never-the-less do let me know if you have any problems.

INSTALL / UPGRADE

1. Install dependancies.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install libatk1.0-0 libbz2-1.0 libc6 libgcc1 libglade2-0 libglib2.0-0 libgtk2.0-0 libpango1.0-0 libstdc++6 libxml2 zlib1g
    2. Fetch the package.

Code:
    wget http://newstuff.orcon.net.nz/ubuntu/dcpp/dcpp_0.0.20050809cvs-1~mird_i386.deb
    3. Install the package.

Code:
    sudo dpkg -i dcpp_0.0.20050809cvs-1~mird_i386.deb
    And that's it! There should now be a Linux DC++ icon under Applications -> Internet.
    Last edited by mird; August 9th, 2005 at 05:01 AM.

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install Linux DC++ (the easy way)

nice,
    See, you not only have to be a good coder to create a system like Linux, you have to be a sneaky bastard too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

thank you, i will try it right away

Beans

Works like a charm

Beans
    Thanks very much! It works great.

Beans

Does this version work with å, ä , ö?
    I've tried a version that didn't show ANY lines in mainchat containing those letters. Annoying like hell, it was.
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

This is Bunny. Bunny had a nasty disagreement with a chainsaw. He needs help. Money is good.

Beans

Seems to work abselutely wonderful, so far...

My one problem is that it doesn't seem to show up in the Debian menu automatically, no matter what I do. Being a Blackbox user (I find it to be more efficient), I don't have the Gnome menu, only the Debian (the "menu" package) menu...

So, any ideas?

Beans

New package released - check the first post for details.

Krank, just for you I've added what I think is required to get it to show up in the Debian menu ... install the latest package and let me know if it works or not.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Many thanks , package work great

dlpfmVfH is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans

It worked great...thanks...linuxdcpp rulez, I think it should be added to the repo's

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast