Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: accessing your ext2 and ext3 partitions from Windows (with write permission aswell)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

Talking accessing your ext2 and ext3 partitions from Windows (with write permission aswell)

Hi gus just to let you all know i found this handy app that works realy well in windows to access your linux partitions, its real easy to install and uses a GUI for you to decide which drive letters to assign etc...

hope it helps somebody out...

http://www.fs-driver.org/download.html
    Q6600 Quad core Intel, 4Gb DDRII 677, 9800GTX 512Mb, 1390Gb HDD space,
    Coming back to Linoox after a stint with Windows

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: accessing your ext2 and ext3 partitions from ******* (with write permission aswell)

While I was in ******* for about 5 minutes todsy (I haven't gone to the dark side, just needed to look at a site which needed some Java Environment Runtime crap that Linux apparently doesn't have installed), I DLed this, and it might be useful to save all my important files onto my Windows HD, then wipe my 5.04, and install 5.10 onto, then hopefully put everything important back onto 5.10. Thanks!

Provided I get it working . . .
    My System | Ubuntu Feisty Fawn (7.04) | AMD Athlon 1700+ | 1.3Gb RAM | 160 Gb HD | nVidia GeForce4 64 Mb
    V.I.S.T.A | Viruses | Infections | Spam | Trojans | Adware
    Proud to be Canadian, eh?

Beans

Re: accessing your ext2 and ext3 partitions from ******* (with write permission aswel

Actually it's spelled "Windows".

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: accessing your ext2 and ext3 partitions from ******* (with write permission aswel

Quote Originally Posted by BWF89
    Quite aware of that, thanks, but whenever I go into Windows, I can't help but notice how much slower things run there. OpenOffice takes longer to open in ******* then in Ubuntu, same with Firefox, etc. Therefore, Windows is slower then Ubuntu, so it earns the name *******.

I am not intentionally bashing ******* or M$ here, i am just stating that ******* runs slower for me then Ubuntu, thus the name. I didn't mean any offense, of course
    My System | Ubuntu Feisty Fawn (7.04) | AMD Athlon 1700+ | 1.3Gb RAM | 160 Gb HD | nVidia GeForce4 64 Mb
    V.I.S.T.A | Viruses | Infections | Spam | Trojans | Adware
    Proud to be Canadian, eh?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by BWF89
    i think theres an enemy in our midst
    Q6600 Quad core Intel, 4Gb DDRII 677, 9800GTX 512Mb, 1390Gb HDD space,
    Coming back to Linoox after a stint with Windows

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by fig_jam_uk
    i think theres an enemy in our midst
    i think it's just the latest "let's not bash windows" trend in effect

no offense; i endorse it as well.
    Previously known as 23meg

Beans

This is great if it works like it says, I need for music and video transfering to windows. Sony sucks at making software, so this is a great step in making linux a bigger part of my life.

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

if anyone needs reiserfs read support, you can use rfstool together with yareg.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Goober
    I am not intentionally bashing ******* or M$ here
    saying that is

not to flame or anything, but it's generally not cool to bash any OS, except maybe those >1kb punchcard OS's
    So... a 1337 java programmer walks into a bar...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Now I need something that can read XFS partitions as well... but didn't find anything so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast